Coffee syphons are a cool way to brew a great cup of coffee. Made of Yama Glass vacuum brewed coffee was initially invented in the 1840s.
Coffee connoisseurs consider this one of the best brewing methods for the finest cup of coffee.
- Use a slightly finer grind of coffee.
- Drop the washable, reusable cloth covered filter into the infussion chamber with the chain hanging down into the glass syphon tube.
- Pull the chain down until you can hook it to the bottom of the siphon tube.
- Fill the bottom carafe to the mark with hot water and place the coffee in top chamber.
- Use denatured alcohol for the alcohol lamps.
- It takes about 4 minutes to heat the water, all the water is siphoned to the top chamber and then allow 2 minutes to brew.
- Once you remove from the heat source, the coffee comes back down to the bottom carafe.
- Remove the top, placing it in its convertible lid/stand, and bring the pot to the table for serving.
- 5 cups or 20 oz capacity with alcohol burner